Date: 10/29/18 10:02 pm
From: Christopher Armstrong <chrisleearmstrong...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie island
Went out to Reeder road today in between classes. Saw mostly common species but there were some highlights.A bald eagle startled me at coon point, when it ripped a branch off a tree and flew off towards its nest I assume. There was a large group of snow geese and some sandhill cranes in the fields. At the Reeder road observation shelter I saw my first ring necked ducks. Was surprised that I saw no red tailed hawks or bald eagles perched on any of the trees. But good birding day with two new species for me, bringing my life list to 116 for oregon since last march when I started birding.

Happy fall birding
Chris Armstrong, Beaverton POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!