Date: 10/29/18 9:16 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: eBorg
I started birding 61 years ago. And no, I am not 21 years older than Paul. I started keeping counts in defined areas about 37 years ago. I didn't keep lati-long info, but I still know where the South Jetty of the Columbia River is and where the Hatfield Marine Science Center is and where Hatfield Lake is. So while those lists are historical, maybe someone in the future will find the data worth studying. I am now an eBird regional editor, so being a senior doesn't mean you can't (or won't) embrace technology. The people I birded with were (and still are) fun. I love the memories. But I also love my digital camera, my birding apps, the computer that helps me keep my data and photos organized, and the ability to search the internet to find the next great place I want to go birding. In the immortal words of Satchell Paige, "Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 20:52 pm
From: w.douglas.robinson AT gmail.com

Even Phil Pickering is on eBird now. Who�s next? Paul Sullivan?

Resistance is futile, Paul....

You shall be assimilated.

Doug

POST: Send your post to <obol...>