Date: 10/29/18 8:38 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: eBorg
I started birding 40 years ago. The first year I kept lists on separate pieces of paper.
The second year I was told to keep a notebook. I started and I'm still doing it.
The third year I was told to not only list the species, but to count how many of each species each day. I'm still doing that.
[If you're under 40, send me your birthdate and I'll tell you how many house sparrows I saw the day you were born.]
A few years later I was led to keep track of each county separately. I'm still doing that.

Then people came along after 36 years and said I should have been keeping track of each 5-mile segment of road separately, recording the latitude/longitude, and the time spent at each stop. I should have recorded each pond at each refuge separately.

They say I've been doing it all wrong all this time! My data is just "historical." It doesn't fit their paradigm.

Why did I bother? ;-)
- - - - - - - - - - -
I like my data. It was fun collecting it. The people I birded with were good company. ;-)

The waterthrush today was fun.

Paul Sullivan
-----------------------
Subject: eBorg
Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 20:52 pm
From: w.douglas.robinson AT gmail.com

Even Phil Pickering is on eBird now. Who�s next? Paul Sullivan?

Resistance is futile, Paul....

You shall be assimilated.

Doug

POST: Send your post to <obol...>