Date: 10/29/18 7:22 pm
From: Gene Beall <gene.beall...>
Subject: [Tweeters] A few bird photos in SoCal
Two weeks ago, my wife and I spent a few days in the Palm Springs/Indio area
with some friends. We weren't with birder friends so we didn't have much
time for birding but managed to get a few photos as we visited Borego
Springs, the Salton Sea, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park and Big Morongo Canyon
Preserve. I was experimenting with the new Nikon P1000 (a point and shoot
super-zoom camera with a form factor like a DSLR) instead of lugging around
my Nikon D800 with 500mm lens. I found the P1000 to have fairly impressive
capability given its size/weight and price point. Here's a link to a few
photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gene-s_photos/albums/72157672874428047

Cheers,

Gene Beall