Date: 10/29/18 3:44 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Thank YOU and Yesterday birds
Don,
Greeting from Sioux City, IA. Hope the weather is good for you. We
have been unusually warm with today hitting 72 degrees. Pretty warm
considering we are only a couple of days from November.

God Bless,

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*
*Mobile 712-301-2817*

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM Don and Shirley Maas <snowbirds2012...>
[NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:

> I post to EBird but miss the personal touch I get from NEBirds.
>
> Shirley and I are in AZ for the winter as Snowbirds. I (Don) attended
> the AZFO (Arizona Field Ortinlogists) annual meeting in Ajo, AZ of over the
> weekend. Great meeting
> with a Sunday Field Trip to Puetoto Pentesco (Rocky Point, MX). Great
> location for shorebirds and gulls.
>
> Don Maas (Transplanted NE to OK & AZ)
>
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 1:25 PM Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>

>> Just wanted to all those who post directly on NeBirds since many of us
>> use eBird and forget to post to the ListServe. Though I think eBird is
>> very important not every is an eBirder user and eBird only puts out "Rare"
>> bird sightings.
>>
>> Sorry for the LATE post RE: Yesterday.
>> LaPlatte Bottoms drew quite a few birders looking for the Common
>> Gallinule (huge thanks to the Padelfords)--To my knowledge every there got
>> to see it though two of us missed the early sightings. Thanks to Justin
>> Rink for hanging out with Michael Willison and meI until Mechael spotted it
>> flying and we all got short looks at in as it landed and then swam into the
>> reeds not to re-appear though we waited another 45 minutes.
>> Also see was an American Bittern which flew right over out heads.
>> Added 5 tics to make 173.
>>
>> Rest of the day was spent at Cunningham Lake (not much there at all) and
>> in Dodge County which was amazingly absent of bird activity. 4 hours
>> produced 3 sparrow species, one Pied-billed Grebe and the only ducks were
>> on the Hopper WTP which had it's game open for some unexpected reason on a
>> Sunday. NOT a single duck or grebe on Fremont Lakes though I covered them
>> all. Added 12 tics with things like DE Junco, Ring-billed Gull and Great
>> Blue Heron bring total to 69.
>>
>> Rough-legged hawk, unexpectedly, flew off a power poll in Cumings
>> County--added two tics for a whopping total of 29,.
>>
>> Weather was outstanding and people were amazing. Thanks Nebraskan's
>> sharing your sightings and all the help you provide us birders from other
>> states.
>>
>> God Blessm
>>
>> *Paul O. Roisen*
>> *Woodbury County, IA*
>> *Mobile 712-301-2817*
>>

> --
> Don & Shirley Maas
>

> The Snowbirds have migrated to
> AZ an established our WINTER residence in Mesa
> for the WINTER

Join us on Facebook!