Date: 10/29/18 2:54 pm
From: Linda Rudolph <lgrudolph...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Yellow-crowned Night-Heron- Johhnson County
Last week Linda Quinn was kayaking and she re-found the Yellow-crowned Night-Heron on the North Arm of Lake McBride that she had found earlier in the Fall. Today Bill Scheible and I went to see if we could observe it. We did find it on one of the little islands. Specifically it was off Opie Ave on the little island between the two boat ramps. It appears to me to be the same juvenile bird. I know it can fly, but it does seem odd that it has stuck around for so long. Bill checked and it appears that this is a record late date for this bird species in Iowa.

It was a beautiful morning. Bill and I walked the road in between the two boat ramps. We were really pleased to see 9 Fox Sparrows.

Linda Rudolph
Coralville