Date: 10/29/18 11:00 am
From: Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Peru Amazon birding for the AAST March 2019
Hi all, I will lead a PERU AMAZON fund-raising tour for the Arkansas Audubon Society Trust March 23-31, 2019.  Please see itinerary and bird list attached.  Land costs without flights will be $1669 per person in double rooms, $1658 per person in triple rooms and $1745 per person in single rooms.

That would include all accommodations, airport transfers in Iquitos, all transport in Iquitos area from arrival till departure, all guide services, all meals, except for dinner in Lima (if needed) and Iquitos. It does not include bottled soft drinks and beer at the lodge (it does include coffee, fruit juices, good drinking water)

We will be staying in two remote (and rather spartan) lodges to maximize our coverage of habitats.  The main lodge has 12 rooms with private bathrooms and 7 with shared bathrooms and the Research Center has 12 rooms, all with shared bathrooms (one block for men and one for women). They have individual compartments with showers and toilets for privacy – not like a locker room with open showers.  Both lodges are too remote to be on the electricity grid, but they have generators and solar power for some basics.  No A/C or fans.  So obviously this tour is for the more hardy folks.

The local arrangements will be done by Amazon Adventures (www.amazonadventures.com) based in Austin.  They came highly recommended by a UA Fayetteville professor and colleague.

Please contact me offline if interested.

R. Kannan
Professor of Biology
University of Arkansas--Fort Smith
Tel: 479.788.7616