Date: 10/29/18 1:13 am
From: <thomasbradleylewin...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Looking for Birding Tips for our trip to Austin TX from this group!
This is a request for some tips on Birding in the Austin Texas area. Vanessa and I are going down there in November for a weekend and I have heard there is some outstanding birding around there. Apparently, Yellow Rumped Warblers just stop migrating south there , for instance, so you can see warblers in November.

If there are any Texas location experts, please let me know. I know Dallas has stuff that knocks your socks off. I was down there and saw a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher just sitting on the phone line wire. Then a Road Runner appeared about 100 yards down the road. Then these crazy Boat-Tailed Grackles were running around and finally a Northern Mockingbird was making a racket. ( I asked my Sister-in-Law about them and she said "those things are everywhere!)

Thanks in advance for the ideas...

Tom Lewin
Grayslake, IL

Join us on Facebook!