Date: 10/28/18 7:55 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Bird Update
Forgot to report that on the 20th of Oct Barb Taylor had a Snow Goose with
other geese in the Catching Slough pastures on the Eastside of Coos Bay
(eBird). Still an unusual species in Coos which I could not relocate.

Many thousands of Aleutian Cacklers moving in the last two weeks overhead
in Coos. Hundreds today plus minima minima’s (the duck-sized cacklers).

N Shrike on south end of N Spit today with 56 Snowy Plovers. Also many
Herring Gulls on beach with strong south winds plus many CA Gulls. A few
Bonie and Mew Gulls plus Heermann’s and a Brown Peli in my brief visit to
south jetty.

Single overwintering Willet in Coos Bay (the last survivor of a once big
wintering flock) and the Eurasian Wigeon is back in Mingus Park, Coos Bay
since late Sep but very vocal lately.

Thunder and lightning while I type- merry winter time (when we have
thunderstorms on coast)!

Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!