Date: 10/28/18 3:33 pm
From: William H Kaempfer <William.Kaempfer...>
Subject: [cobirds] Calmer times in Boulder/Larimer
John Vanderpoel and I headed out late this morning to visit some northern Boulder and southern Larimer reservoirs. As opposed to the goings on of the previous seven days, not too much excitement this time around. The east side of Terry Reservoir off US 287 in Boulder County north of Longmont had a at least 10 Bonaparte's Gulls, and Dry Creek Reservoir SE of Carter Lake had a Surf Scoter and a lingering Say's Flycatcher. Some interesting paradoxes out there, though. Newell Lake just east of Berthoud had 635 Ring-billed Gulls in a single species (as far as we could tell) flock. Hummel Reservoir, about 0.5 miles away across fallow fields, and roughly the same size, had none. Our only Canvasbacks, 68 of them, were also all together in the not very large Twin Mounds Reservoir east of Campion.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder