Date: 10/28/18 3:19 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Around West Arapahoe
I spent the morning and early afternoon around west Arapahoe. Highlights
today (10/28) include:

- at Blackmer Lake: a rather later Western Tanager. Swamp Sparrow. At
least one, possibly two, striking, very dark Red-tails.
- in Littleton, a flock of 45 or so Sandhill Cranes, catching a thermal
around Broadway & Littleton Blvd.
- my first Merlin of the year, at the Rollin D. Barnard Equestrian Park
in Greenwood Village. As the local raptors typically do, the Merlin was
perched along the enormous transmission towers. I got to see it
(apparently) flush north when a Red-tailed Hawk came through, then u-turn
and head south to pursue a flock of waxwings already in flight.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO