Date: 10/28/18 2:06 pm
From: Paul Plotnick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Continuing Hudsonian Godwit-Cove Island
We were lucky. Around 1:15 pm, it was foraging at the end of a flooded pool
east of the concession stand. It moved off, then sat down in the short
grass and became hard to see. We would have missed it had we been a few
minutes late. We did tip off a couple of birders who came later. Over 150
Gulls in other flooded areas and grass probably looking for earthworms
flushed out by the rain. Mostly Ring Bills with a few Herring and Laughing
in winter plumage thrown in. In the refuge were a few female Purple Finches
feeding on crabapples, a lone Great Blue in the eelgrass bed, a flock of
early Brant, the usual Canada Geese and a few Kinglets and Sparrows
flitting about.
Paul