Date: 10/28/18 1:26 pm
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Thank YOU and Yesterday birds
Just wanted to all those who post directly on NeBirds since many of us use
eBird and forget to post to the ListServe. Though I think eBird is very
important not every is an eBirder user and eBird only puts out "Rare" bird
sightings.

Sorry for the LATE post RE: Yesterday.
LaPlatte Bottoms drew quite a few birders looking for the Common
Gallinule (huge thanks to the Padelfords)--To my knowledge every there got
to see it though two of us missed the early sightings. Thanks to Justin
Rink for hanging out with Michael Willison and meI until Mechael spotted it
flying and we all got short looks at in as it landed and then swam into the
reeds not to re-appear though we waited another 45 minutes.
Also see was an American Bittern which flew right over out heads. Added
5 tics to make 173.

Rest of the day was spent at Cunningham Lake (not much there at all) and in
Dodge County which was amazingly absent of bird activity. 4 hours produced
3 sparrow species, one Pied-billed Grebe and the only ducks were on the
Hopper WTP which had it's game open for some unexpected reason on a
Sunday. NOT a single duck or grebe on Fremont Lakes though I covered them
all. Added 12 tics with things like DE Junco, Ring-billed Gull and Great
Blue Heron bring total to 69.

Rough-legged hawk, unexpectedly, flew off a power poll in Cumings
County--added two tics for a whopping total of 29,.

Weather was outstanding and people were amazing. Thanks Nebraskan's
sharing your sightings and all the help you provide us birders from other
states.

God Blessm

*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*