Date: 10/28/18 12:11 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Cabell Marsh, Sunday 10:30 one pale breasted graygoose
When I arrived there were no geese on the ground. Cacklers began to mill
about and land. Then I could hear White-fronts. They were straight
overhead, about a dozen, almost all adults(specklbellied). There were three
trailing behind, two adult GWFG and a third bird the same size with a plain
gray belly. It appeared gray rather than brown. I followed them in the
binocular until they joined the main flock of GWFG and continued sw at low
height. They did not join the 3000 Cacklers on the ground , which continue
to acre. The same three birds caught the notice of a Korean birder who was
150m west of me. Bean Goose is the commonest wintering goose in Korea.
Shawneen Finnegan and Dave Irons arrived about forty minutes later and are
checking out the water features to the south and west of Cabell.
There is greatly reduced pasture for geese now relative to
mid-winter. Lars

Join us on Facebook!