Date: 10/28/18 12:14 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Local Small Lakes In Des Plaines & Park Ridge Sunday 8-28-18
Hello Bird People,

Wasn't going to go birding today but somehow that never seems to
happen. Went to lunch in
Des Plaines so I decided I'd check some of the small lakes in my home
area. It was sort of a Winter duck run but without the ducks or almost
so. I covered the forest preserve lakes Axehead Lake, Belleau Lake,
Big Bend Lake & Beck Lake and Lake Opeka which is a Des Plaines park.
I'll just do one list for all places but will mention where each
species was seen. Nothing special!

Local Lakes

P.B. Grebe (1 at Beck Lake)
D.C. Cormorant (3 at Big Bend Lake)
Great Blue Heron (1 at Big Bend Lake)
Canada Geese (86 at Lake Opeka, 5 at Belleau Lake & 3 at Big Bend Lake)
CACKLING GEESE (2 at Lake Opeka, very small geese)
Mallard (Total of 120 seen at all locations)
Shoveller (6 at Lake Opeka)
Common Merganser (1-F at Beck Lake)
Ring Billed Gull (21 at Opeka, 33 at Big Bend & 16 at Beck Lake)
Herring Gull (1-IM at Big Bend Lake)
Rock Pigeon (35 at the Axehead Lake roost site)
Blue Jay (heard at a couple of places)

It rained lightly at Big Bend & Beck Lakes.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the Cackling Geese & Runner-Up to the 6 Shovelers.

Al Stokie
Doing local spots in Cook County & not finding much

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: