Date: 10/28/18 11:40 am
From: gregg_recer <gregg_recer...>
Subject: [hmbirds] VF puddle ducks
cathy graichen and I spent a couple hours at vischer ferry this morning. there was a good mix of puddle ducks, including about 75 green-winged teal,  1 - 3 pairs each of american wigeon, northern pintail, gadwall, and northern shoveler, along with plenty of mallards, black ducks, and wood ducks. The intersection at the south end of the main trail from the whipple bridge was a mob scene of migrant passerines, largely white-throated sparrows and robins, with a few purple finches and red-wings plus various common resident species mixed in. We also had both kinglets, some lingering yellow-rumped warblers, and a few juncos.

--
gregg recer
malta NY