Date: 10/28/18 11:33 am
From: Laura Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Evening Grosbeak adult male Bedford Co. PA
This sighting was exciting! The last time we observed an evening grosbeak
on our property about 2 miles south of Everett was on Oct. 27, 2001 when a
pair of evening grosbeaks visited our feeder...an absence of 17 years and 1
day!
We photographed the evening grosbeak this morning - photo can be seen at
the eBird checklist.

We also had pine siskins for the first time since 12/30/2015.

Purple finches have been fairly common for the past month, but seeing an
evening grosbeak and pine siskins today makes me wonder if we will enjoy
more of these northern birds during the winter months ahead.

Laura Jackson
Everett, PA
Bedford Co.

Mountain Meadows, Bedford, Pennsylvania, US
Oct 28, 2018 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments: Observations in backyard at various bird feeders made from
inside our house
22 species

Mourning Dove 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 1
Blue Jay 8
Black-capped Chickadee 1
Tufted Titmouse 4
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 1
American Robin 1
Evening Grosbeak 1 Feeding on sunflower seeds on platform feeder
first observed
at 10:45 am and again at 1:15 pm
House Finch 2
Purple Finch 4