Date: 10/28/18 7:02 am
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Birds Recorded at Montrose Point in Chicago
Hi everyone. I maintain a list of birds seen at Montrose Point in
Chicago and I'm trying to sync my list with the list of birds recorded
on eBird, as far as possible. I have 342 birds for Montrose and the
eBird total is 333. I've been entering some of my older personal
Montrose sightings on eBird and I'll continue to do so. As best as I can
determine there are 10 species that aren't listed on eBird that have
been recorded at Montrose, or at least for which good evidence exists.
The species are:

- King Eider

Many observers. Photos taken.

- Ivory Gull

Many observers (Al Stokie, Kanae Hirabayashi?)

- California Gull

Several Observers (Al Stokie, Geoff Williamson?)

- Reddish Egret

Personal observation. Photos taken.

- Mississippi Kite

Several observers, I think (Rich Biss among them?)

- Golden Eagle

Personal observation.

- Ash-throated Flycatcher

Several observers (Robert Hughes, Richard Messenger)

- Fish Crow

Submitted to eBird as a historical record. Acceptance pending.

- Varied Thrush

Not sure about this one (John Purcell?)

- Green-tailed Towhee

Personal observation.

Some of these should be easy. Others will require a little digging and
research. If you have dates and photographs for these birds can you
enter them into eBird? Most of these sightings were documented via IORC,
reported to IBET, or reported to the old Illinois phone bird alert, so
dates and photos should be available.

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois
Birding Montrose Point:
http://theorniphile.info/birding-montrose-point/index.html
The Montrose Birding Blog: http://theorniphile.info/wordpress/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/robertdhughes63
Montrose on eBird: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L161180

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)