Date: 10/27/18 5:29 pm
From: maliadances via Groups.Io <maliadances=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] continuing Blackpoll and Palm Warblers 10/27 - HMBWTP
Chris and I went to the Half Moon Bay Water Treatment Plant fennel patch today arriving just after 3:00pm. (1)  Palm Warbler was seen as we got out of our car,  right by the gravel parking lot on the north side of the road. It was with Bushtits and Yellow-rumped Warblers.  Troy Pittock arrived and we birded together. I spotted the  Blackpoll Warbler foraging in fennel in the dirt road loop area. The 3 of us watched the Blackpoll Warbler foraging for about 30 minutes. Also present in the dirt road loop area was a 2nd Palm Warbler, the Gray-headed Orange-crowned Warbler, numerous Bushtits, Yellow-rumped Warblers and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.  We walked down to the riparian area which was quiet. On our return trip out of the riparian area we encountered the Blackpoll Warbler, again, foraging in fennel near the large Eucalyptus Tree.

Both yesterday and today Chris and I visited the HMB WTP  later in the afternoon. 2:30pm, yesterday and 3:00pm today.

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward