Date: 10/27/18 3:30 pm
From: <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lyman DBC Field Trip Results 10-27-18 DuPage County

We had a perfect fall day for our DBC Lyman Woods Field Trip this morning. 13 birders hung in there for 3 ½ hours and while our list wasn’t record-breaking, we had plenty to look at during our 2-mile hike. FOX SPARROWS were plentiful, though not as abundant as Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Downys and Goldfinches. We had great looks at Eastern Bluebirds, as well as Wood Ducks, Northern Flicker, a lone Pied-billed Grebe, Cedar Waxwings and a beautiful female Gadwall, which is rarely seen at Lyman. Only one warber: a lone Palm. The biggest disappointments were the missing Great-Horned Owls and yesterday’s very cooperative female Belted Kingfisher. A little surprising was the lack of Kinglets (one, heard-only) and Hermit Thrush. But a very enjoyable morning with a great group of birders!

Joan Campbell
Downers Grove/DuPage County

The complete list can be found at the following link.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/ checklist/S49492642 https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49492642

Join us on Facebook!