Date: 10/27/18 2:03 pm
From: beau schaefer <beauschaefer...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Lake County Lakefront, etc. 10/27 LeConte’s, Harris’ Sparrow
Ventured forth to see what was around this morning and deviated slightly from my normal lakefront route by starting at Pine Dunes FP and then making a quick stop at Van Patten Woods before heading to NPM. Was out from 7:10 until 12:30. Highlights:

Pine Dunes:
-not 1 but 2 very cooperative LeCONTE’S SPARROWS which sat up simultaneously for some killer looks.

Van Patten:
Flyby PURPLE FINCH, PINE SISKIN, and LAPLAND LONGSPUR.

NPM:
- FOF AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS (4)
- FIELD SPARROW
- HARRIS’ SPARROW- stunning 1st winter bird on gravel trail with WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS heading to creek at North Unit. Unfortunately as Andy Stewart and Steve Mulhall were hustling over, 2 bikes came by and flushed the WC Sparrow flock. Usually they fly into shrubs and return, but these guys bolted and were never seen again after over 30 min of searching.
- NORTHERN SHRIKE
- singing and scolding TUFTED TITMOUSE

Waukegan:
- 2 adult ICELAND GULLS (thayeri)
- SNOW BUNTING

Also a nice raft of ducks half way to the Dead River at IBSP but I didn’t walk down there to examine.

Good Birding!
Beau Schaefer
Lake Co

Posted by: beau schaefer <beauschaefer...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)