Date: 10/27/18 1:08 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: Common Loons, Horned Grebes on Beaver Lake
We had our first of 3 planned loon cruises on Beaver Lake this morning. Perfect calm fall morning with low wind and sunshine. Common Loon (8+), Horned Grebe (186), Bald Eagle (at least 4), Herring Gull (2), Gadwall (~60), Mallard (10), Northern Pintail (15), American White Pelican (2), Double-crested Cormorant (25), American Coot (50). Sugar Maple bluffs are just stunning with brilliant reds, golds, oranges. This is a project with Hobbs State Park-Conservation Area that borders the lake. We took off from Rocky Branch marina and spent 2-hours touring big open water including across to the lake’s north side (Glade-Lost Bridge). Next trips are November 3 (Saturday) and November 11 (Sunday). My understanding is they are booked, but people drop out so if interested, might be worth calling Hobbs (479 789 5000). Today’s Captain was Hobbs Assistant Superintendent Jay Schneider with able assistance from First Mate Joan Reynolds, and First orniyakker Joe Neal.

Join us on Facebook!