Date: 10/26/18 7:43 pm
From: maliadances via Groups.Io <maliadances=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Palm Warbler(s), Blackpoll, Swamp Sparrow 10/26
Today we started out the day with a Clay-colored Sparrow visiting our yard. There was a lot of dense fog along the coast this morning so we headed down to Gazos Creek Rd. where it was sunny. There were some good flocks to pick through between Hwy 1 and the intersection with Cloverdale , but the most noteworthy find was a Swamp Sparrow. We ended up at the Water Treatment Plant in the afternoon.  Chris found a Blackpoll Warbler in the fennel near the big Eucalyptus tree by the trail that leads to the riparian area. While photographing the Blackpoll, we encountered the continuing Palm Warbler. While Chris then switched to photographing the Palm Warbler, I headed in another direction and found another Palm Warbler. I phoned Chris and we confirmed we both had a Palm Warbler in our sights simultaneously, confirming that there are indeed two. Another interesting bird in this area is a continuing Orange-crowned Warbler with a gray head.

Photos of today’s Palm Warbler(s) and Blackpoll can be found here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49479626

Photos of Orange-crowned with gray head taken on 10//20 here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49331389

Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward