Date: 10/26/18 7:34 pm
From: 'Jim Stevenson' <galornsoc...> [nflbirds] <nflbirds-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [nflbirds] Weekend prospects

Bob said:

It ain't over till it's over

Jim chimes in:

Not so fast, my friend. Seriously, the fall migration has been waaaaaay
late this year, and I can't imagine it's late in Texas and on-time in
Florida. I'd keep looking into November and maybe there'll be more than just
one or two of those really good birds yall were discussing. And while it
grieves me to say so, it might beat watching FSU this year. [I feel awful
for saying that.]

Curious thing here. We have had all kinds of goodies in Texas this fall that
belongs in Florida. Best guess is the strong NE winds from various frontal
systems and storms. We've had lots of Black-throated Blues and even a fair
numbers of Cape Mays - that's amazing! Oh, and several male Scarlet
Tanagers, a plumage many of my Texas friends have never seen. Definitely the
oddest fall I've seen here in my 23 years of being a Texan.

But still a Nole. And a Democrat.

Jim in Galveston

Join us on Facebook!