Date: 10/26/18 6:19 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] RBA — Possible Bean Goose at Finley NWR today
This is a second-hand report from a visiting Finnish birder. He is a member of the Finnish Records Committee and presumably familiar with Bean Geese. The bird was at Cabell Marsh today and was with two Greater White-fronted Geese. I have no details beyond his casual mention of the sighting in an email that he sent me just now. He didn’t mention which species of Bean Goose he thought it was. I will be meeting him in person for the first time tomorrow at Newport (pelagic trip). I will query him tomorrow about this sighting.

A word of caution to chasers. Juvenile Greater White-fronted Geese can be confounding to those unfamiliar with them. They often lack white in the face, have no dark markings on the underparts and have orange and not pinkish bills.

Good luck!

Dave Irons
Beaverton, OR

Sent from my iPhone