Date: 10/26/18 3:51 pm
From: rob speirs <rspeirs1...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Wow..Wow...Wow - Island Fallout
On this gorgeous day, we were on Swans Island (off Bass Hbr - MDI) and the
minute we disembarked the ferry, began our extraordinary immersion in
migrants. They were everywhere in HUGE numbers. As thick as Black Flies in
June.

Birds sprayed off the road side almost *continuously*, like rainwater from
our tires, as we drove island roads. Sparrows were predominant with Juncos,
Song, White-throated, White-crowned and Chipping most obvious.

But, thrushes were there in astonishing numbers, as well, as were
Yellow-rumped Warblers. The second most common warbler were Palm's but
there were many others that I'd like to have spent time going after, had we
had the time to do so.

What a treat!
Rob Speirs