Date: 10/26/18 11:47 am
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Greene County birds
Traveling around a loop in Greene County this morning I managed to find
about 40 species. Best of the day:

- *Rusty Blackbirds*--15 perched in an oak tree around a young Bald
Eagle, near the Raccoon River about 8 mi. west of Jefferson
- *Swainson's Hawk*--1 perched in a tree along the Raccoon River a few
miles SE of Jefferson.
- Western dark morph *Red-tailed Hawk*--one of the most beautiful of
this morph I've ever seen, with with an almost completely russet & black
body and dark russet tail, about 10 mi. S of Jefferson.
- *White-faced (?) Ibis*--2 dark birds still at Dunbar Slough where seen
by Diane Dentlinger a few days ago, near intersection of 270th St. & Co.
Hwy. N58. Light was not good for positive ID, even with scope.
- *Swamp Sarrows*--abundant in several flocks around Dunbar slough; some
of the most I've ever seen in groups--one having about 17-18 individuals.

Then, on arriving home at Ogden (Boone Co.) this noon, a very late *Least
Flycatcher* was flitting around our back yard. And last yesterday afternoon
a *Red-breasted Nuthatch* was inspecting the *inside* of the chiminea on
our back deck.

Doug Harr
Ogden