Date: 10/26/18 10:12 am
From: <sammanning19...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Surf Scoter - Cunningham Lake 10/25
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to check Cunningham Lake in Omaha for the White-winged Scoter that Mark Brogie found on 10/24. While I did not find it, I found a juvenile Surf Scoter instead. This bird stayed mostly in the middle of the lake about halfway between Area 3 and the dam. It was a little far for my binoculars most of the time, but I was eventually able to see that it had no white in its wings and that it had a large wedge-shaped bill. The Pacific Loon was also still present, and it was foraging by the boat ramp with three Common Loons.

Sightings in eBird.

Sam Manning
Omaha, Douglas County, NE

Join us on Facebook!