Date: 10/26/18 9:55 am
From: <prairysky...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Whooping Cranes
Hi NE Birders,

Just in from raking those autumn leaves and heard yet another round of Sandhill Cranes flying overhead. I looked up to see how low they were flying and if they caught a thermal heading South which, indeed, they had. Now in "V" formation once again they were heading for their winter home. None of this Crane migration is shocking, as the cranes have been migrating in this pattern for thousands of years. What did catch my eye is what appeared to be Two Whooping Cranes traveling with this SH band of Cranes. They were low enough altitude for me to notice the marked White and Black coloring as well as their size was most definitely larger than the Sandhills. Quite a treat for my day.

Most other yard birds have settled in around my yard, but have been terrorized by various Hawks passing through.

Linda Ollinger
Furnas County Nebraska

Join us on Facebook!