Date: 10/25/18 6:32 pm
From: <susan...>
Subject: Mattamuskeet CBC
Dear All,

We are looking for volunteers for this year's Christmas Bird Count in
Hyde Co. NC. As always the count will be held on December 29th-- a
Saturday.

Although we have a dedicated core of several people, we likely will not
have enough to cover the circle. Some of the area is on the F&WS
refuge-- but the bulk of it is not. There is a mix of private land and
state game land involved. A good bit of the private land is
agricultural. Although we have some access to walk portions of a few
tracts, birding from the (rural) roads is involved in a good bit of the
area.

Diversity can be quite good and historically a number of rarities have
been found in count day. Regardless, one can expect to see large
numbers of individuals-- no matter what section of the circle one
happens to be covering!

If you are interested or have questions, please let me know ASAP--

Susan Campbell, Compiler
Southern Pines, NC

Join us on Facebook!