Date: 10/25/18 4:09 pm
From: Stephen Broker via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Cheshire Hotspots
On Sunday, October 28 Melissa Baston and I lead a bird walk to "Cheshire Hotspots”. We visit several spots, including Boulder Knoll Farm, Fresh Meadows off Cook Hill Road, Broad Brook Reservoir, and the Farmington Canal line in Cheshire. Details of the walk, including time, meeting place, and contact information, are given at New Haven Bird Club and Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society websites and on the COA calendar. We hope to avoid rain this year. Temperatures are expected in the mid to low 50s.

Today, Broad Brook Reservoir held the following species: Canada Goose (1); Mute Swan (2); Ring-necked Duck (150); Bufflehead (3); Common Goldeneye (1); Hooded Merganser (27); Ruddy Duck (450); Pied-billed Grebe (1). Both kinglet species were present, as were Pine Warbler and Yellow-rumped Warbler.

For some of the good views from the edge of Broad Brook Reservoir, we recommend boots. It can be a little wet underfoot.

Steve Broker
Cheshire