Date: 10/25/18 3:42 pm
From: Jack Swatt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Fox Sparrows - Mine Hill Preserve Roxbury,
Great day for an autumn hike so my wife and I went to Mine Hill Preserve in Roxbury.  Very interesting place with metal cages over the abandoned mine shafts to preserve them as bat hibernacula. On the trails I found 2 FOX SPARROWS scratching the leaf litter.  There were also many Kinglets (both kind) and other migrants along the way.
Jack Swatt
Wolcott

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:34 PM, "<ebird-checklist...>" <ebird-checklist...> wrote:

Mine Hill Preserve Roxbury, Litchfield, Connecticut, US
Oct 25, 2018 1:47 PM - 4:09 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.567 mile(s)
14 species

Downy Woodpecker (Dryobates pubescens)  2
Hairy Woodpecker (Dryobates villosus)  3
Blue-headed Vireo (Vireo solitarius)  1
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  1
Common Raven (Corvus corax)  2
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  8
Red-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta canadensis)  1
White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis)  2
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus)  1
Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa)  9
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)  4
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  1
Fox Sparrow (Red) (Passerella iliaca iliaca/zaboria)  2
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis)  3

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49445077