Date: 10/25/18 1:17 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Late Least Bittern at the Hawkeye Wildlife Area
Today I was really surprised when I flushed a LEAST BITTERN (2nd latest) along Hawkeye's western exit road. I was walking a prairie for sparrows but soon
was in water deep enough to stop me. At that point the bird quietly lifted off.

Also today, I encountered another BREWER'S BLACKBIRD, a lone female in flooded corn stubble, along Cemetery Rd.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids