Date: 10/25/18 9:19 am
From: Bruce Stevenson via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Your Impressions of the Number of Winter Wrens Recently
I have been impressed by the number of Winter Wrens I've seen and heard in
the last two weeks in SW CT.

For example, just in the last two days I've seen two while walking my dogs
on our street which is in a wooded neighborhood with lots of good wren
habitat. I heard several during pleasant weather a week ago. Normally, I
see or hear one WIWR in mid-October every five or six years so two in two
days is unusual for me.

Qualifying remarks about sample bias: the dogs are new to my home and are
just reaching their first birthday. Their energy means we're outside a lot
so, with lots of walks and outdoor play, I may be in contact with WIWR more
than in prior years. Also, having retired from my office job means I'm
home when I was not in prior years.

Anyway, I'd be interested in the impressions of birders throughout our
state in WIWRs.

Thank you,
Bruce Stevenson

Wilton