Date: 10/24/18 8:44 pm
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Medicine Creek Reservoir 10/20/18
Hello Nebraska birders,

ebird

Saturday October 20, Robin and I met Wendy Becker in Frontier County
at Medicine Creek Reservoir. I can’t speak for the other two, but I
had a great deal of fun that day. I will show you a list of
highlights followed by details.

Western Grebe (2)
American Avocet (20)
American White Pelican (2)
Black-crowned Night-Heron (2)
Osprey (2)
Golden Eagle (1)
Bald Eagle (1)
Black-capped Chickadee (2)
Red-breasted Nuthatch (1)
Song Sparrow (1)
White-crowned Sparrow (1)
Dark-eyed Junco (1)

On our way to meet Wendy we stopped in Furnas County at the Cambridge
Diversion Dam where we saw one Song Sparrow and Robin saw one immature
White-crowned Sparrow. In Frontier County at the Medicine Creek
Reservoir we saw 20 American Avocets, 2 Ospreys, one juvenile Bald
Eagle, one juvenile Golden Eagle, 2 immature Black-crowned
Night-Herons, heard and saw one Red-breasted Nuthatch, saw a
Slate-colored Dark-eyed Junco, 2 Western Grebes and 2 American White
Pelicans.

Robin added two birds to her Frontier County list for a new total of
150. I also added two birds to my Frontier County list for a new
total of 150. The birds that both of us added were the Golden Eagle
and the Black-crowned Night-Herons. Wendy noticed and and pointed out
some of our birds, and she was the first one to correctly identify
some of them. So,she was a big help. Plus she is quite pleasant
company. Thank you for joining us Wendy.

May your birds be lifers and your troubles temporary.

good birding and goodbye,

Lanny

Lanny Randolph
2028 34th Rd.
Minden Nebraska
south central Nebraska
north central Kearney County
snowbunting(at)rcom-ne.com
308-216-0427

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 1

* New Photos 2

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!