Date: 10/24/18 7:27 pm
From: Duke Tufty <dukedt...>
Subject: [obol] Plover at Broughton Beach?
Hi all,

First post on OBOL. I was out at Broughton Beach again after work and
noticed a distinctive plover. I narrowed the ID down to either Pacific
Golden-Plover or American Golden-Plover. I went with American based on
sharp contrast between cap and supercilium, longer wings, and note in
Sibleys that juveniles can appear quite yellowish. I ruled out
Black-bellied plover based on size and shape of bill and lacking of
streaking on breast.

I'm hoping that the collective wisdom of the list can confirm my analysis,
or help me understand where I went astray.

Luckily, I had my camera and took a number of photos. See the eBird list
here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49431824

Thanks,
Duke

Duke Tufty