Date: 10/24/18 4:56 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Varied Thrush?
Indeed it is a "Timber Thrush" or "Alaska Robin". VATH first appears as a
migrant in Western Oregon lowlands around the Equinox. These typically move
right along. I think a few folks in Eugene reported them a month ago. Now
is typical for a much more numerous wave of VATH to pass through. Lars

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, Kay Carter <KayCarter...> wrote:

> I recorded the attached song/call at around 10:00 this morning in Canby’s
> Eco Park. That’s a 10-or-so-acre plot stuffed full of mature Douglas
> Firs. The “noise” was coming from high up in one of those trees. I’m
> assuming Varied Thrush, but it doesn’t sound to me that it’s quite within
> the normal range for that species, so I’m open to correction. It would
> also be much earlier in the season than I’ve ever detected V. Thrush here,
> which increases my uneasiness over the ID. I’ve edited out the worst of
> the extraneous noises, so the interval between calls in the recording is
> slightly reduced from what it was in reality – but not significantly so.

Join us on Facebook!