Date: 10/24/18 3:02 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: monarchs altitude
Off subject a bit. While at the Ninestone field trip Sunday we were seeing quite a few Monarchs as well as birds. we got into a discussion of how high they fly, I commented that My sister and brother in law have a plane and were flying at 10,000 ft when they hit a flock of Monarch Butterflies. They had to land to clean off the plane. I e mailed them to check my memory, I was wrong about the altitude. It was 14,000 ft.

They live in Colorado but I don’t remember where they were headed when they ran into them. Rex’s family lived in New Hampshire. I think it may have been on the way home from there.

Jacque Brown

Join us on Facebook!