Date: 10/24/18 1:19 pm
From: Rick Bennett <rickbennett67...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red-naped Sapsucker in Sherwood
After making a half dozen unsuccessful trips to relocate the Red-naped
Sapsucker that I first found on Oct 4, I made a quick stop and found it
basically in the same area (45.351988, -122.850894) and had time to get a
couple of photos before it flew. Today it was using some small maples that
have lots of sap wells just on the north side of the paved walking path.
See ebird post: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49423513

Rick Bennett, Sherwood

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 7:04 PM Rick Bennett <rickbennett67...> wrote:

> This evening on our neighborhood trail along a riparian zone I found a
> Red-naped Sapsucker about 30 feet away in a mostly leafless ash tree. As I
> went for my camera it flew up and back into the tree, but I watched it for
> more than a minute before a Red-breasted Sapsucker flew in and landed
> nearby, flushing the Red-naped across the wetland toward the train tracks.
> The co-ordinates where found are 45.351967, -122.851952 which is along a
> paved community walking path running between houses and a seasonal stream.
> Rick Bennett, Sherwood

Join us on Facebook!