Date: 10/24/18 12:22 pm
From: Kyle Wilmarth <kyle.wilmarth...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Dunlin, World End Pond
It doesn't happen as often as I wish it did....but it's nice when your
instincts are correct.

I was scoping out at World End Pond this afternoon and noted a small group
of shorebirds poking around the flats at the south end of the pond. I
assumed they were all Pectorals (one of the pond's default October
shorebirds) but something told me to paddle my butt out there to make sure
there wasn't a Dunlin in the mix (a bird I've yet to see in Salem).

Sure enough as I reached the flats — three Pectoral Sandpipers, three
Semipalmated Sandpipers and one Dunlin! Score! Dunlin marks the 17th
shorebird sp. and my 190th sp. at World End Pond!

Also, the Horned Grebe is still hanging out at Canobie.

Kyle WIlmarth
Plaistow, NH