Date: 10/23/18 7:54 pm
From: William H Kaempfer <William.Kaempfer...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Beyond State Lines Report
The first bird on my Nebraska state list is from December 1992--Ross’s Gull found at Sutherland Reservoir. I traveled 5 hours for it just before Christmas Day.

Well, turnabout is fair play, so I would be remiss not to report to NEBirds that a Fork-tailed Flycatcher has been delighting Colorado birders since Sunday afternoon in Lafayette Colorado. If you check ABA rarities on eBird you will see that there are about 150 reports for the bird. https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN10489 Many with spectacular photos attached.

The bird, seen through at least 4:40 p.m. today, is only 2:50 from the Nebraska state line following I-76. If you are tempted and want more specific directions, let me know and I will try to help out.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder, CO

Join us on Facebook!