Date: 10/23/18 6:44 pm
From: Leslie Flint <lflint...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Palm Warbler still present at Cypress Lawn Cemetery 10/23
Hi all,

I noted on eBird that Emilie Strauss had listed the Palm Warbler present 10/22 following the posting by Dominic M and Peter M on 10/21 so I decided late this afternoon I would see if it as still present. As Emilie described, she found it on the “island” between Cypress and Jona up slope from the white Parthenon-type building. (Note: lots of Parthenon-type buildings in the cemetery). The large flocks of WC sparrows and YR warblers were no longer present but there were a few and I could hear the yellow-rumps, but could not see many. However, I saw a warbler jump up onto a tombstone and it was indeed the Palm Warbler; it stayed long enough for a few photos. I was lucky. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to see it again, but did not. I would suggest a morning visit as the birds might be more active. Photos on my eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49406937 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49406937>

Leslie Flint
San Mateo