Date: 10/23/18 6:04 pm
From: Osness <ravenbuddhanow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bonaparte's Gulls
This afternoon my wife and I were treated to Bonaparte's Gulls swooping
around, back and forth, in our neighborhood in east Ames. This went on for
at least an hour. My speculation is that they were feeding on flying
insects given their behavior. An unusual bird for my yard list.

Nick Osness
Ames, IA