Date: 10/23/18 2:44 pm
From: Susan Wrisley <swrisley13...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Yellow-rumped Warbler Eating Sunflower Seed
I was watching the feeders on my deck this morning, hoping a Pine Siskin
would show up, when I saw a Yellow-rumped go to the seed feeder and eat a
sunflower chip (sunflower with no shell). The bird then went to the peanut
feeder and ate a small bit of a nut. I thought it was just a fluke, and
figured the bird was looking for suet or meal worms, but the bird was there
this afternoon, eating more sunflower chips, while it ignored the mealworm
feeder I had put out. It landed on the peanut feeder too, but I couldn't
tell if it ate any. It flew to my front yard and ate some suet, but once
again went to the seed feeder and seemed to prefer the sunflower chips. I
have often seen Pine Warblers eat sunflower chips, but this is the first
time I've seen a Yellow-rumped do it. I took a couple photos.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49404505

Susan Wrisley, Hollis NH