Date: 10/23/18 11:41 am
From: Steven Brown <sbrown37...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fox Sparrow, Wht-thrtd Sparrow, CSR, El Paso Co, Tues
Hey COBIrders,

I had a pleasant morning of banding at Clear Spring Ranch this morning - cool, but no frosted nets, calm, cloudy, and active birds.
Lotsa sparrows and a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets (RCKIs - pronounced “Rickeys” - a favorite).

The highlight today was an unexpected first for me - banding a Fox Sparrow - of the “slate-colored” race - schistacea (I love the geology link!).
photo below.
Also I had the 4th White-throated Sparrow of the week this morning, another juv.

Besides that a few Chipping, White-crowned, Lincoln’s, and Song Sparrows, and some Pink-sided Juncos. 25 birds banded today.

Still reveling in the Fork-tailed Flycatcher viewing yesterday. Never thought I’d see one in the ABA, let alone 90 minutes from home!

Steve Brown
Colo Spgs