Date: 10/23/18 10:32 am
From: Patrick Comins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Question 2 very important
I know it has been posted already, but I wanted to reiterate how important it is to vote yes on question 2 on Election Day, November 6th. This will make it much more difficult for the state to sell or give away lands without a transparent process.

As it is now, the proposals often come up at the last minute in the legislative session and can be quite cryptic, with parcel numbers that any potential opponents need to go to the town hall in question to even figure out where the parcel is. This amendment, if passed by a simple majority of voters on Election Day will require a public hearing on any proposal to sell, transfer or give away state lands and a 2/3's majority to do so for any land owned by DEEP or the Department of Agriculture.
For more information please see:

https://www.ctaudubon.org/2018/09/on-election-day-vote-yes-on-ballot-question-2/

Please pass this information along to your friends and family. We will be making a post on social media, which can be shared.

Thank you!

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org/>