Date: 10/23/18 8:41 am
From: 'Mary T. Duros' <mduros...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Free prairie seeds (no sighting)
Suzanne, I'd be interested in getting some from you. And your second
question, my Mom used to keep collected seeds in plain envelopes and
cellophane envelopes (used in stamp collecting). In fact we found a
treasure of these in the house last year when my Dad died. We have
envelopes of seeds some going back to the 60's.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:09 PM Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Collecting my prairie plant seeds and going to ask again if anyone else
> wants any seeds please let me know. Those who have already responded I've
> got you on a list.
>
> Why plant native prairie plants? And what does that have to do with birds?
> The plants provide seeds for the birds in the fall and insects are
> attracted to the plants which is good for the birds in the spring and
> summer. Also birds use the parts for nesting materials. And surely other
> things I can't think of right now. So yeah they're important, part of the
> whole web of life. 😄
>
> I am also wondering, those of you who do this more often than I do, what
> do you recommend is the best way to send these over to somebody else so
> they stay separated out, is it using little folded up pieces of paper or is
> there another suggestion? Thanks 😊
>
> Suzanne Coleman
> Cook co

Join us on Facebook!