Date: 10/23/18 6:55 am
From: Stefan Martin via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford Point- Swallows 10/23 and Lapland Longspur 10/22
As I pulled in this morning I was again greeted by a few Swallows hawking
insects over the upland (West side now) and jumped out of the car to start
photographing them. I got excited when I noticed a Cave Swallow type flying
around with one Barn and one Tree Swallow. The bird had some light markings
on the cheeks but now in photo review, an all dark throat. So in the end
this possible Cave Swallow turned out to be just a 1y Cliff Swallow (and
oddly enough, my first for the property this year). Also, last night I was
reviewing some flight-shots taken yesterday of birds flying by or overhead
and was able to pick out a Lapland Longspur. Echoing resent reports from
Hammo, people should be on the look out for this species as well.

Best,
Stefan Martin