Date: 10/22/18 11:00 pm
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Photos: Greater & Lesser Yellowlegs Baskett Slough NWR
Very instructive and excellent photos. The images also illustrate the
difference in color and shape of the Bill's. Greater Yellowlegs typically
show the ball third of the black bill to be lighter gray and the bill as a
whole is slightly upturned or recurve, while the Leser has a shorter and
straight bill that is entirely one shade of black.

Thanks for sharing these Jim!

David
Seaside Oregon

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 9:43 PM Jim Leonard <photojleonard...> wrote:

> Yesterday afternoon I photographed a Greater & Lesser Yellowlegs side by
> side at Taverner's Marsh at Baskett Slough NWR. Really shows the size
> difference and bill size difference. Photos by Jim Leonard. Click on link
> below for photos.
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dk9vMNQE2ni8iF2v7

Join us on Facebook!