Date: 10/22/18 7:50 pm
From: Laurel Ross <LROSS...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Window strike avoidance recommendations
It is important to label the bird with the date and place it was found or
they cannot use it. You don't have to know the species. They are good at
that. :-) If you can't take it right away put it in a plastic bag in your
freezer with the label.

laurel

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 7:08 PM Chuck Berman <cberman129...> [ILbirds] <
<ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

> If you find a dead migrating bird, you can call Chicago Bird Monitors, who
> will try to pick it up, even in the suburbs.. They make regular trips to
> the Field Museum which takes all dead birds. Or, you can take it to
> Willowbrook Wildlife Center in Glen Ellyn. A volunteer takes dead birds
> from there to the Field. Lastly, if you live near Oak Park, I can bring
> them to Willowbrook, where I volunteer Wednesdays.
> Chuck Berman
> Oak Park
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:25 PM Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds]
> <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I just found a dead hermit thrush on our property and it seems to have no
>> obvious reasons why it would've died so it might've struck a window. Does
>> anybody have any ideas what the best thing to try would be? I know I've
>> heard of a bunch of different suggestions from people in the past. I'd like
>> to do something that isn't very obtrusive. Thanks for any suggestions on
>> what to try and where I could purchase or find whatever it is..
>>
>> Suzanne Coleman
>> Cook co

Join us on Facebook!